You don't know where to start? Are you just too busy? Don't want to dig in the dirt? No problem! Our professional designers are available to draw a plan and install it for you.
Our design team leader, Jeff McCauley, a Dallas native, has been landscaping since his Boy Scout days. Cameron McCauley, Jeff's son, has worked with Shades of Green for several years, working his way up from nursery sales, tree installation, landscape clean-ups and installations to being a full-time member of our design team! Dean Burton studied landscape architecture at Texas A&M and holds certificates in advanced horticulture studies of perennials and annuals.
Our designers excel at creating gorgeous natural, native style landscapes that have been thriving in our area for over 30 years. Our sustainable designs require less water and far less maintenance than traditional landscapes. However, if you are looking for a formal, “trimmed hedges” kind of garden, then truthfully, we may not be the best fit.
Please review our Gallery
to see some of our favorite designs and installations. You can also visit the Landscape Design Station at the Nursery
for even more examples of our work. If you like what you see, please read on about our Design Process.
- Design fees are $50.00 per hour, which includes an on-site analysis, measurements, and consultation time at the job site.
- Minimum fee is $350.00. Design fee is rebated upon acceptance of installation contract where design fee is 10% or less of the contract.
- Example: A $350.00 design fee is rebated on a landscape installation of 3,500.00 or more.
- Design fees are due upon receipt of the design unless the proposed work has been accepted and a down payment has been received.
- Save design time by providing a copy of your survey plat or other information.
- Turnaround is 10-14 days during the off-season (July, August, December, and January), 4-5 weeks during peak times.
We provide landscape installation services throughout Frisco, Allen, Plano, Dallas, McKinney, and The Colony, TX.